Hummus – what’s not to like? At the OFJCC, we’re big fans of the chickpea-and-tahini spread which has become a staple of our diet.
Hummus is an excellent dish because of its versatility and health benefits. It contains no dairy, nuts or gluten and helps keep you feeling fuller longer. Although the classic version tastes great, there are plenty of inspired ways to enjoy this dip. Hummus is like a blank canvas onto which you can paint your creative flair. We’ve rounded up 12 inspired hummus recipes from Pinterest that will hit the reset button on this classic dish.
- Loaded Chimichurri Cauliflower – This is almost a meal in itself. Chimichurri and chili flakes add an herbed-up kick to the roasted cauliflower garnishing this dish.
- Pumpkin – No chickpeas? No problem. This creative alternative employs pumpkin in place of the traditional legume for a bright, creamy standout.
- Smoky Chipotle – Blend in some adobe sauce and peppers for a feisty Southwestern twist.
- Smoky Eggplant – How hummus and baba ghanoush meet in the middle.
- Everything Spinach – When you want the greens without sacrificing any flavor, turn to this garlic-infused recipe loaded with toppings.
- Avocado Hummus with Tomatillo Salsa – What, you thought we could skip the avocado? This is California, right?
- Basil Pesto (Contains dairy) – Because pesto’s the best-o.
- Thai Peanut – A flavorful, peanut butter and sriracha-infused spin.
- Sun-Dried Tomato – Chock-full of the good oils.
- Carrot, Walnut & Red Lentil – To spoil your vegan friends.
- Curry – A touch of raisin and maple for sweetness.
- Apple Spice – Takes you clear into next season.
Comments are moderated and will not appear immediately.